Basic Formulas – Index, Match, and Lookups
$79.00 / year
This course covers basic formulas in Excel. It covers everything from order of operations (PEMDAS), to the differences between VLOOKUPs and INDEX/MATCH. Through a variety of interesting examples, you will learn about good spreadsheet modeling practices and discover how easy it to turn a blank spreadsheet into a polished final product that solves an interesting business problem. This course will get even the novice Excel user ready to master advanced Excel topics.
- Understand how Excel uses absolute references vs. relative references
- Understand how to lookup values with HLOOKUP and VLOOKUP
- Learn how to do lookups from multiple worksheets and multiple columns
- Know the benefits of using nested functions such as INDEX/MATCH/LARGE
- How to use the MATCH function to find the most recent dates of an occurrence.
- Learn how to transform a basic statement of a business problem into a spreadsheet that solves the business problem.
Who Will Benefit?
Any professional that uses Microsoft Excel and wants to create a solid foundation.