This course covers Monte Carlo Simulation using Palisade’s @RISK add-in. There are 20 videos and it covers 6 hours.
The only thing certain about the future is that the future is uncertain. Monte Carlo simulation allows you to quantify the range of outcomes that may occur in an uncertain situation.
This course includes over 6 hours of videos that distills my 20 years of experience teaching Monte Carlo simulation at companies like GM, Ford, Eli Lilly, GE, Pfizer, Cisco, and Microsoft.
- The Newsperson problem
- Capital Budgeting
- Tornado Graphs
- The RISKDISCRETE, RISKBINOMIAL, RISKUNIFORM, RISKDUNIFORM,RISKNORMAL, RISKTRIANG, RISKTRIGEN, RISKGENERAL, RISKCUMULATIVE, LOGNORMAL, and RISKPERT random variables.
- Resampling and Bootstrapping
- Modeling Correlated Random Variables.
- Optimization with RISKOPTIMIZER
- Estimating Value at Risk (VAR)
- FX hedging
- Heding with Options
- Project Management
- Simulating the NCAA tournament
- Modeling Craps
- Modeling Supply Chain Contracts
Who Will Benefit?
Any professional that uses Microsoft Excel and wants to become more efficient with their time.